Develop new freight concepts, which can be incorporated to the port activities
● In case of insufficient capacity and congestion problems, the optimization of the existing procedures to ensure a more efficient use of the infrastructure can be an important option.
● This can contribute to avoid cost intensive new buildings.
● Efficiency increases can be gained by an intelligent organization as well as an efficient resource allocation.
● Optimization can be achieved inside one port site or also between different ports or logistics nodes.
● A huge opportunity to achieve efficiency increases lies in the implementation of IT tools.