Gain acceptance of the society for an infrastructural project
● The population is probably the most sensitive factor when developing port activities within an urban zone.
● The needs of the residents have to be harmonized with the economic and ecologic needs of the city and the port.
● Acceptance can be increased by encouraging transparency, exchanging opinions between politics and population and being open for different points of view.
● Within the port development process it is of high importance to let the population know from the beginning on, what is planned.
● To highlight the advantages and to declare the side effects can bring acceptance and motivation for development.